CAREERS WITH NEMO
IT Support Technician
Since 2005, New England Mechanical Overlay, Inc. (NEMO) has specialized in industrial boiler repair, corrosion resistant overlay, power plant maintenance, pipefitting, shop fabrication and other field specific service.
We are looking for a very strong IT support technician to join the NEMO family. This position offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits! Our benefits include health, dental, a matching 401k plan, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), holidays and floating holidays, and weekly training opportunities. If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a variety of technologies while working with a team of talented technical professionals, apply today!
Candidates must demonstrate a highly professional demeanor and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Successful candidates must also be exceptional team players with a strong technical aptitude and professional background
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS AN IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
As an IT Support Technician, you provide both remote and onsite IT support by troubleshooting and assisting internal customers with any technical difficulties they may encounter. This is where your love and expertise for information technology and software comes into play. You maneuver your way around operating systems and servers, utilizing your knowledge of software, firewalls, VPNs, wireless access points, and so much more!
In addition to in house projects and remote support work, you may occasionally travel to job sites to help with deployments, upgrades, and support work.
Because you can think on your feet, you can quickly address and resolve incidents and requests. You understand the importance of documentation and use your attention to detail to keep everything organized. You work as a team with our IT Management vendor to ensure that we maintain updated documentation and follow our companies best practices and standard operating procedures.
This is a full-time position. Although business hours are Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm, occasional evening and weekend on call work is required.
- Work in a dynamic role that includes in-house and on-site work.
- Identify the specific nature of user difficulties and provide a specific and effective response to solutions. Work with internal and external resources to resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to listen to internal customers explain the incident, determine the probable cause, and logically take the best course of action.
- Ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Assure timely response to email and telephone assistance requests.
- Accurately log and document all helpdesk calls, and work performed in our ticketing system.
- Build partnerships with end users by regularly demonstrating expertise and professionalism.
- Keep end users informed of problem resolution timeline and action plans.
- Independently assess and effectively respond to users’ requests.
- Implement problem solutions by following company policies and procedures. Follow through on commitments made
- Increase personal knowledge of business and technical environment with the goal of increasing first-call resolution rates.
- Engage in weekly coaching sessions with our IT Management firm via Zoom.
- Develop and document procedures and internal workflow systems in our documentation management system.
- Help train users as needed in basic cyber security and computer skills.
- Work with our Network Management vendor to help manage and streamline our systems while complying with industry standard cyber security best practices.
- Help manage and support our remote workforce on jobsites including site activation and turndown.
- Hands-on experience in installing, troubleshooting, and fixing desktops, printers, laptops and basic network devices.
- Basic knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, and VPN setups and concepts.
- Ability to lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 50Lbs.
- Skilled in desk side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows O/S
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills with internal customers and management as well as people skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Very strong organizational skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to express technical terms in basic language, both verbally and written.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, consensus-building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Reliable transportation (we reimburse mileage)
- Detail-oriented – gets it right the first time
- Clean background check and driving record
TUBE WELDERS and Boilermakers wanted. Welders must pass 6G tube test. Eight months of power plant outages and industrial maintenance per year. Work will be located at various locations on the east coast. Must have reliable transportation. Travel nights and weekends required. NEMO will provide hotel accommodations. Pay is based in skills and experience. Competitive benefits.
Harvard NDE seeks level II inspectors. Must be ASTN-AI certified in VT, PT, MT, UTT. Harvard Specializes in power plant inspections. Work will be located at various locations on the east coast. Must have reliable transportation. Travel nights and weekends required. Harvard will provide hotel accommodations. Pay is based in skills and experience, Competitive benefits.
Please fill out the form below to apply for work with New England Mechanical Overlay, NEMO Fabrication, or Harvard NDE.
NEMO & HARVARD NDE
ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
8:00am – 5:00pm